Monday, August 22, 2016

Reading Options: Ramayana

I want to read version 2 of the Ramayana for week 2. I picked this since it was the most assessable to me and I figured that it would be better to read about different versions from various authors to get different versions of the Ramayana, than the ones that I’ve seen so far. I’m very interested in reading about the Mahabharata because that is the that has always caused me confusion. I haven’t been able to fully understand so I’m hoping through this class I can finally understand it really well. I’ve never a class like this before but I’m in Classical Mythology along with this one. When I think of the word mythology I think of roman or the greek stories. I’ve grown up hearing most of these stories about the Indian gods and its really interesting to me. I listen to both the Indian music and watch the movies. I’m also into Indian dance but not really classical dance. I was born in India and I’ve been there 9 years, but I haven’t been to the places that were mentioned in this class. I can speak both Gujarati and Hindi but I can’t read or write in it. I recognize the people in the images such as Shiva, Krishna, Ram, Sita, and Draupadi but not the pictures themselves. I chose this image because it stood out to me and it was the only one in color. 

Ram and Sita: Golden Deer 

No comments:

Post a Comment