Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Famous Last Words: Surviving the Week Before OU/Texas

So this week I have actually tried to do everything early and not only for this class because of OU vs. Texas. IT actually worked out to my benefit too. I have realized that if I do things ahead of time and do extra credit. I can skip some assignments for this class and have less stress about it when I need to focus on other classes because of exams or quizzes. Working ahead means that I can focus less on this less sometimes and study for my other classes. Since this is not a hard class at all, it just takes time to do all of the work for it. The reading for this week was good, I actually did not know a lot about the Mahabharatha so it definitely helped in my knowledge of that. It helped that it was in videos so I could actually see it instead of just imagine it in my head while reading it. I also did both of the readings for this week last week so I was already ahead in that sense and I just went ahead and did the other assignments during the times I do the readings. This was I am already done for the week and can start on things for next week. So when I get back from Texas I can relax for a little bit before I can hit with studying for exams. That really is the best thing about this class too, you can work ahead or at your own pace so you can do it whenever and actually learn things that you did not know about the Indian culture. Even though I am Indian, I did not know the Mahabharatha well and because of this class I actually learned things about it that I would not have had I not taken this class.
Time Management  Chief Family Officer (2014)

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you! I also worked ahead one week and realized how much stress it took off. The dynamic of this class is so flexible and I actually enjoy this class more than my others for that reason. I wonder how different the university atmosphere would be if all our classes had the same structure. You still have to stay accountable and do your work but without the stress and anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is something that is super awesome about this class! There was a time at the beginning of the semester that I hadn't figured out my life schedule yet and so I kept missing assignments. But it is so awesome having so much extra credit to help make up for those missed assignments! It helps to take the stress off of other classes and also makes this class much more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete