Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Famous Last Words: During Midterms

I think I have found a writing style that I like to use for my stories and people seem to enjoy them so I think that I will continue with that until I find something else that I like more. I might also like to use more of a modern language so that It is more relatable to people today that are reading it instead of having it in a language that they are not used to hearing. I don't really write for any classes other than this one and if I have to write papers so I guess I have to say that my best writing is for this class since I have not written papers for any classes yet, although I do have one due next week. I just kind of start writing and see how it goes, its easy to get with the flow once I have actually started writing instead of just thinking about doing it. I loved a story that I just read today, it completly changed the character of Sita and made her independant. She had her own views and wasn't just waiting for someone to do things for her. She was her own person and it was great reading about how she just dissed Rama and finally became independent. And the writing he used was modern which really helped people connect. I personally have not seen any connections between this class and my other classes but maybe later in the semester. I am trying to do things in advance for my classes so that during the week I have more time to study instead of just doing homework all the time, like I am now.  I did that earlier in the semester and it really did help so I am hoping to try and contiune that later on too.


3 comments:

  1. I agree in using modern language in writing. With me, I find it easier to understand the story, if the language is written in modern language. I am also glad to hear that I am not the only one who only has this class that involves writing. I completely understand that you feel kind of scared to write again, especially since it has been so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, starting a story is definitely the hardest task. It’s funny because it’ll actually take me longer to start a story than to complete it. I love the feeling of being relaxed knowing that I’ve done my homework ahead of time. It’s definitely not an easy feeling to come by but I too am trying to work on it more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great idea to get things done early so that the week can be spent on studying. I really get stuck in the homework rut and seem to always leave studying for the last few days before a test. I love this class because it allows you to work early an get your assignments done on your own time.

    ReplyDelete